GRDC Farm Business Updates in Cunderdin and Kojonup
Author: Natalie Lee | Date: 10 Jan 2018
Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) Farm Business Update events will be held in Cunderdin on Monday, February 5, and Kojonup on Tuesday, February 6, 2018.
The annual events provide a unique forum for growers and advisers to learn from – and network with – leading industry professionals, and will be held at the Cunderdin Sport and Recreation Centre and the Kojonup Sporting Complex respectively.
These Western Australian events will be followed by a further GRDC Farm Business Update in Yuna on February 8.
GRDC Western Regional Panel chairman Peter Roberts said the Updates were aimed at both growers and advisers.
“The Farm Business Updates will this year cover issues and information that is very relevant to many growers’ businesses, including succession planning, managing risk and developing emotional and mental fortitude,” he said.
“I encourage growers and industry people to attend a Farm Business Update event near them, to benefit from the information delivered and the networking opportunities provided.”
The Cunderdin and Kojonup events will cover a range of topics, presented by expert speakers, including:
- Economic drivers and trends impacting on farming businesses (Stephen Koukoulas, Market Economics managing director)
- Farm digital data. Where are we heading? What should we know? (Doug Fitch, Agworld, Colorado USA)
- Managing risk – what is the potential role of multi-peril crop insurance? (Rob Sands, Farmanco (Cunderdin) and James Macfarlane, Farmanco (Kojonup))
- Farm generational transfer – structures and processes to ensure it is a success for both generations (Stephen Park, Pacer Legal)
- Social media - getting more out of it (Pru Cook, Birchip Cropping Group)
- Making it work across generations – a family farm case study (grower Leo Delahunty, Templemore Partners, Murtoa in Victoria)
- Developing emotional and mental fortitude for the road ahead (Dennis Hoiberg, Lessons Learnt Consulting).
Each of the GRDC Farm Business Updates will be held from 9am to 4.30pm. To register or for more information, visit the GRDC events page or the ORM website, or contact ORM on 03 5441 6176 or email@example.com
Mr Roberts said that with many farm operators currently undertaking business planning and budgeting they might also be interested in accessing GRDC Farm Business Fact sheets available in the ‘resources and publications’ section of the GRDC website.
Peter Roberts, GRDC
0428 389 060
Natalie Lee, Cox Inall Communications
0428 634 135
Was this page helpful?
Sorry about that
How can we improve it?