Registrations open for premier farm business events
Author: Natalie Lee | Date: 03 Dec 2018
Registrations have opened for key events in Western Australia designed to enhance grower and adviser knowledge of farm business issues, to help with effective planning and management.
Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) Farm Business Updates will be held in Tambellup on February 12, Lake Grace on February 13 and Moora on February 14.
GRDC Western Region Panel chairman Darrin Lee said the 2019 events would feature well-regarded speakers from WA and interstate, addressing topics ranging from bigger-picture economic issues to farm management tactics.
“GRDC Farm Business Updates are held in different locations in the State’s grainbelt annually and continue to attract strong interest from growers and advisers keen to equip themselves with up-to-date, relevant information ahead of the new cropping season,” he said.
Topics to be covered at the 2019 events include:
- Trade wars, Trump politics and Banking Royal Commissions – What’s the fall-out for agriculture? The economist’s view (Saul Eslake, economist)
- Decisions, decisions: Using a practical process to test your farm decision thinking (Cam Nicholson, NiconRural)
- ‘Disarming the loaded gun’ – essential and emerging tax management strategies for grain growers (Jo Gilbert, RSM Accountants)
- Farming for Profit. Focussing on the drivers and breaking down the barriers to profit (to be presented by advisers Rod Grieve, agricultural consultant, at Tambellup, Steve Curtin, ConsultAg, at Lake Grace and David Williams, BJW Agribusiness, at Moora)
- Labour arrangements forum: Are you compliant? What is at risk? What you need to do next (Stephen Park, Pacer Legal). Session to include practical discussion and Q&A with a guest grower case study
- Sustaining farm family businesses – your health is critical (Susan Brumby, National Centre for Farmer Health)
Each of the GRDC Farm Business Updates will be held from 9.25am to 4.25pm. To register or for more information, visit https://grdc.com.au/events or www.orm.com.au, or contact event coordinator ORM on 03 5441 6176 or email@example.com.
Darrin Lee, GRDC Western Region Panel chairman
0427 281 021
Jo Wheeler, GRDC grower relations manager – west
0438 292 167
Natalie Lee, GRDC
0427 189 827
GRDC Project code: ORM00017
Was this page helpful?