- Paddock Practices: First common root rot yield loss trials in 20 years on the Darling Downs Published: 24 Apr 2018 Despite its name the disease common root rot (CRR) is often overshadowed by its better-known cousin crown rot, yet both present significant risks for grain growers in Queensland and New South Wales.
- Paddock Practices: A guide to reducing off target spray damage Published: 18 Apr 2018 The impact of off-target spray damage continues to affect the profitability of growers throughout many regions in Australia.
- Paddock Practices Mouse control: Practical tips for mouse control now that planting is here Published: 18 Apr 2018 Grain growers who have monitored mouse activity through summer and early autumn and applied baits early should now be considering baiting at seeding, or within 24 hours of seeding to reduce the impact of mice on winter crops.
- Paddock Practices: Canola - linking variety choice to time of sowing, to drive profitability of early sown canola Published: 18 Apr 2018 Growers considering planting canola this season could benefit from learnings from last year’s tough conditions, which reinforced the importance of flowering time and emphasised how following 10 key guidelines can improve the profitability of early sown canola.
- Paddock Practices: Integrated approach critical to wild oats management Published: 24 May 2018 Wild oats pose a significant and on-going challenge to grain growers across New South Wales and Queensland with recent surveys identifying it as one of the most common grass weed species found in northern region cropping paddocks.
- Paddock Practices: Why is winter the best time to control fleabane? Published: 15 Jun 2018 Controlling the weed, flaxleaf fleabane, continues to be a challenge for grain growers in Queensland and New South Wales, but research has proved targeting smaller plants during the winter fallow or winter crop phase is key to an effective management strategy.
- Paddock Practices: Ongoing monitoring of RWA important in 2018 Published: 13 Aug 2018 The presence or otherwise of a green bridge over the 2017-18 summer appears to be the main factor determining infestation levels of Russian wheat aphid (RWA) across the southern cropping region...
- Paddock Practices: New tool to help HRZ growers tackle yield gap Published: 23 Aug 2018 Three new fertiliser decision-making tools have been produced to help growers in the high-rainfall zone of south-eastern Australia tackle the problem of yield gaps caused by nutrient limitations.
- Paddock Practices: Top tips for canola agronomy Published: 04 Oct 2018
- Paddock Practices: Improve profits with soil-specific nitrogen Published: 14 Jun 2017 A soil-specific nitrogen strategy will provide the best fertiliser returns, with the highest profits coming from prioritising sandy soils over heavier soils in the low-rainfall Mallee environment.
- Paddock Practices: Weigh up economics in canola spray decisions Published: 03 Jul 2017 Canola growers are asked to carefully weigh up the economics of spraying fungicide on canola this year, with the dry start in some areas of the southern region contributing to low levels of blackleg early in the season.
- Protecting cereal crops from powdery mildew Published: 21 Nov 2018 Powdery mildew has become more prevalent with the shift to more susceptible crop varieties. On-farm management difficulties for barley powdery mildew are compounded by evolving issues of fungicide resistance.
- Tips to manage net blotch in barley crops Published: 21 Nov 2018 Growers and agronomists are advised to monitor barley crops this winter for signs of spot and net form of net blotch (SFNB and NFNB).
- Summer Weed Management Tips for WA Published: 26 Nov 2018 Summer weeds in the fallow are the enemy of soil moisture conservation and removing them in the months after harvest will be one of the biggest contributors to improving water use efficiency in 2019 crops.
Was this page helpful?
To protect your privacy, please do not include contact information in your feedback. If you would like a response, please contact us.