Frost Damaged Crop Salvage Options and Seed Retention
Host: Tony Crowley | Date: 21 Nov 2018
GRDC Podcast: Frost Damaged Crop Salvage Options and Seed Retention
In this podcast WA Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development research officer and Frost specialist, Dr Ben Biddulph, discusses salvage and harvest options for frost-affected cereal crops as well as what to consider if you intend holding onto seed from a frost affected crop. On the day Ben Biddulph was at DPIRDs Frost evaluation trial site at Dale about 100km east of Perth.
Date: 21 Nov 2018
Watch our frost playlist which includes segments about the emotional cost of frost and managing the effects of frost.
Dr Ben Biddulph
DPIRD Grains Directorate
3 Baron-Hay Court, South Perth, WA 6151
0428 920 654
A range of resources to help growers identify and manage frosted crops are available on the GRDC website:
- Frost Identification Guide, produced by DPIRD with co-investment from GRDC, available at https://grdc.com.au/CerealFrostIDGuide
- Frost - Frequently Asked Questions, a DPIRD publication produced in collaboration with GRDC at https://grdc.com.au/frost-faq
- The GRDC YouTube frost playlist which includes segments about the emotional cost of frost and managing the effects of frost https://www.grdc.com.au/GRDC-Video-NationalFrostInitiativePlaylist
- GRDC Managing Frost Risk Tips and Tactics at https://grdc.com.au/ManagingFrostRisk
- More information on frost management can be found via the GRDC's suite of GrowNotes publications available at https://grdc.com.au/grownotes
- Frost resources are also available on the DPIRD website at https://www.agric.wa.gov.au/frost/frost-tools-and-support and https://www.agric.wa.gov.au/frost/management-options-frosted-crop
GRDC Project code: DAW00244; DWA00243; DWA00242; DWA00236
Was this page helpful?