Instructions for using GRDC eForms
Below is some important information to remember when completing and submitting the Progress Report and Final Report forms.
Note: you need to download and install Filenet Desktop eForms software to be able to view and fill out these forms.
1. System requirements - Filenet Desktop eForms software
Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Hard drive with at least 19 MB of free disk space for full installation (e.g. includes Help files, samples).
- Certified with Windows 98SE, ME, XP Home, NT4 SP6a, 2000 SP2, XP Pro or later
- Requires Internet Explorer 5.01 SP2 or later.
- Netscape 4.78 and 6.2
Macintosh Operating System
- Filenet Desktop eForms is a PowerPC application, and will not run on Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion" and above
- Hard drive with at least 15 MB of free disk space for full installation (e.g., includes Help files, samples)
- OS 9.1, 9.2.2, and OSX v10.1.3 or later
2. Downloading and installing Filenet Desktop eForms software
|Download:||Estimated download time:|
|Windows||eForms_setup.zip [18Mb]||Dial Up Modem - 56K||29 minutes|
eForms install mac new [6.1MB]
Filenet Desktop eForms is a PowerPC application, and will not run on Mac OS X 10.7 “Lion” and above
|ISDN - 128K||13 minutes|
Installing - Windows
- Locate the saved eForms_setup.zip file in your computer, double-click to open.
- Note:you need WinZip to open zip files, download a free WinZip evaluation copy.
- Double click on setup.exe to initiate the installation process. Follow prompts on the screen to complete.
Installing - Macintosh
- Depending on how your Macintosh web browser is configured, the compressed file should automatically decompress creating 2 further files, eForms_install.sea and eForms_install.
- If the installer did not decompress automatically, double click the file ending in "sea.hqx" to decompress it.
- Once the installer is decompressed, double-click the eForms_install file to initiate the installation process. Follow prompts on the screen to complete.
- After successful installation, you can delete the downloaded files.
3. Downloading eForms
Save the files to: My Documents > My Forms > Templates.
If prompted to replace an existing template, select 'yes'.
Locate the saved file in your computer and double-click to open.
4. Saving eForms
We recommend that you save your form before you begin and after completing each page.
When you save your work, the data file should have a ".ifm" suffix.
There are two ways to save your work:
- Click the "Save" button at the top of the form.
- Choose "Save" from the "File" menu.
5. Moving through eForms
It is recommended that you use the TAB key to move through the form, however you can also click on the Page Tabs at the top of the screen.
>Use the green buttons below the Page Tabs to generate subsequent forms, save, print, email, turn the form checker on and off, and move between pages.
Fields for entering data are white, fields that are automatically calculated are yellow.
6. Displaying instructions
There is Field Help throughout the form, it gives instructions to what needs to be entered into the field.
On Windows computers it will appear in the status bar at the bottom of the screen, or in a pop-up window when you click on the ? button in the status bar.
On Macintosh computers the help window can be accessed by clicking the "help" key on the keyboard.
Other help can be accessed by clicking on an underlined heading.
To print a hard copy of the form, simply click on the Print button in the green menu.
If you have attached documents to the form, you need to print them separately. To view/print your attachments, click on the paperclip symbol at the top right corner of the form.
Note: pages which are not filled out because they are not relevant are not printed.
8. Formatting data / Attaching images
Text - Auto-shrink
Auto-shrink formatting option has been used throughout these forms. It means that when you fill out a field, the type size of the information is automatically shrunk so that it fits entirely in the field area.
You can copy and paste text from word or text documents into form fields.
Formatting text - Windows
Use the formatting toolbars, which can be viewed by selecting "Toolbars" from the "View" menu and making sure both "Standard" and "Formatting" are selected.
Formatting text - Macintosh
Text can be formatted by selecting "Type Styles" from the "Cell" menu.
All fields have character limits which are displayed in the status bar or the help window as you move through the fields.
Note: that you cannot paste images (graphs, tables, etc.) into text fields. These must be submitted as attachments.
There are two ways to attach a document (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Select "Attach" form the "File" menu
- Click on "Click to attach a document" button where it's displayed in relevant fields.
To view attached documents, click on the paperclip symbol at the top right corner of the form.
9. Check for completion of fields
If you click the "Turn Check On" button a message will tell you if any pages have detectable errors and a check mark X will appear to the left of incomplete fields or fields with errors. Click the Turn Check Off button to turn the check off. When the field has been filled correctly , the check mark will disappear.
10. Submitting forms
Do not submit any form to the GRDC until all relevant data fields have been completed to the satisfaction of the supervisor, any collaborators named in the proposal, and the research agency(s).
Ensure the Certification details are complete before any form is submitted. Ensure that your agency's research administration is aware of, and has approved, the content of any form prior to submission.
The electronic copy received by GRDC will be the copy that is evaluated.
When complete, click on the Email button in the green menu bar. This will open an email window with the form attached and a subject line/email address filled out.
Ensure that one hardcopy of the electronically submitted form is signed by the Project Supervisor and a duly delegated representative from the research organization.
Send the hardcopy to the GRDC by the published closing date:
Contracts Coordinator, GRDC
PO Box 5367
Kingston ACT 2604
11. Need further information?
If you need more information about filling in either a Progress Report or a Final Report, contact Contracts Coordinator on (02) 6166 4500 or e-mail GRDC Forms