Stubble Initiative guidelines
Where can I get stubble management information tailored to my local area?
Local Farming Systems groups have developed stubble management guidelines specifically for their region. You can access these directly using the links below or via each of the topics on the Stubble Initiative home page.
A number of decision support calculators were also developed as part of the Initiative.
Farming Systems group guidelines
- Victorian and Tasmanian stubble guidelines prepared by Birchip Cropping Group (BCG), Southern Farming Systems (SFS), Irrigated Cropping Council (ICC) and the Victorian No-Till Farming Association (VNTFA)
- Central West Farming Systems Inc. (CWFS) Stubble project guidelines
- Eyre Peninsula agricultural research Foundation Inc. (EPARF) Stubble project guidelines
- FarmLink (southern NSW) Stubble project guidelines
- Lower Eyre Agricultural Development Association (LEADA) Stubble project guidelines
- MacKillop Farm Management Group (MFMG) Stubble project guidelines
- Mallee Sustainable Farming (MSF) Stubble Management guide and FarmTalk factsheets including stubble guidelines
- Riverine Plains publications including stubble guidelines
- Upper North Farming Systems (UNFS) publications including the stubble management guidelines
- BCG ’Machinery economics calculator’ to help growers considering purchasing a stripper front
- Barley grass RIM (AWRI website)
- Brome RIM (AWRI website)
- Stubble Management Optimiser to calculate the overall financial and nutritional cost of managing stubble both at harvest and during post-harvest treatments
GRDC Fact sheet
- GRDC Stubble Management Fact sheet (2011)
Was this page helpful?