Herbicide Application fact sheet Effective Double Knock Herbicide Applications
Published: 1 Sep 2019
By using a Double Knock approach in fallow paddocks, growers have a reliable technique to control difficult weeds while also assisting in the management of herbicide resistance.
- Double Knock herbicide strategies are critical to reducing weed seed banks.
- May delay the selection for glyphosate resistance, where Double Knock applications are routinely introduced before resistance is present.
- Optimal timing between applications is dependent upon the herbicides used and the weeds being targeted.
- Where possible, always target small weeds to ensure reliable performance.
- Attention to herbicide application parameters will improve consistency of results.
GRDC Project Code: ICN1811-001STX,
Was this page helpful?