GrowNotes Alert is a free Australia-wide notification and information service to help save cropping farmers and the agricultural industry time and money. GrowNotes Alert delivers urgent, actionable and economically important alerts on the specific incidence of costly disease, pest and weed outbreaks, and biosecurity emergencies, tailored to your needs.
- Be the first to know about costly diseases, pests and weeds in your area
- Save time and money by understanding and actioning issues immediately upon notification
- Notifications come directly from expert pathologists, entomologists, weed scientists Australia-wide
- Subscribers nominate specific farm locations/zones and crop types
- Only receive notifications you have signed up for
- Keep abreast of other areas and outbreaks via the app, Twitter, the web portal, SMS and voice message
- Developed jointly by GRDC and DEDJTR
- Builds upon GRDC GrowNotes, directly linking to key information sources such as eXtensionAUS, Pestfax, Pestfacts, The Beatsheet, Plant Health Australia, CropPro, MyCrop and other key industry resources, such as www.grdc.com.au
GrowNotes Alert is an innovative tool, jointly developed by Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) and the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport & Resources (DEDJTR), providing timely alerts on the incidence, prevalence and distribution of crop pests, diseases and weeds.
The app will benefit grain growers, agricultural and cropping consultants, advisers, researchers, decision-makers and other industry bodies and personnel nationwide.
Disease, weeds and pests costs growers billions annually in losses to valuable income and potential food to feed a growing population. Knowing what is present, and where, is valuable intelligence that growers and industry can use to reduce this. Reporting is often based on limited data and different intelligence gathering. GrowNotes Alert will build on existing processes to develop a standard operating procedure between organisations, ensuring a consistent approach to analysing threats.
For further information and to sign up to the service visit: grdc.com.au/grownotesalert