Precision Farming: Buyers Guide
GroundCover™ Issue: 18
In Issue 16 we brought you a general report on precision farming — Future farming may be here...
On these pages you'll find the accompanying buyer's guide.
(Precision farming is also known as 'site specific technology'.)
This special report brought to you by the Kondinin Group with support from growers through the GRDC.
Precision farming could be carried out by using some of the following:
- A crop and soil monitoring system.
- Airborne and satellite imagery.
- A yield monitor.
- A differential global positioning system.
- A data logging and storage device.
- Machine guidance technology.
- A computer.
- Farm and yield mapping software.
Costs of setting up a yield monitoring system
|DGPS (One year's hire) and PC card reader||$4,000-$5,000|
|Farm and yield mapping software||$1,000-$3,500|