Want to start a farming systems group?
Guidelines for investment
For new groups considering applying to the GRDC for support, the following guidelines apply:
- A vision of the project must be clearly explained and aligned to the relevant aims of the GRDC's Sustainable Farming Systems program.
- Demonstrable commitment and leadership exist to undertake the project.
- An analysis is conducted of previous R&D activities in the region and a baseline study is conducted which includes an assessment of the viability and sustainability of best practice farming systems.
- The project will mesh with other regional strategies and State and Commonwealth initiatives.
- Skills and expertise exist in the project team to apply a proven research methodology that encourages participation of stakeholders in the research process.
- There is a commitment to project monitoring and evaluation against project objectives.
- There is a commitment to communicate project results to defined target audiences and to encourage and promote the adoption of successful findings.