Ground Cover Issue 119 - Grain storage
GroundCover™ Supplement Issue: Ground Cover supplements
Grain storage has moved beyond a ‘feed and seed’ role on many farms as growers take advantage of the opportunity to store, segregate or blend their grain to capitalise on market opportunities.
Whatever the reason for storing grain on-farm – storing for own use, managing harvest logistics or capturing premiums – and regardless of whether it is for stockfeed, seed or human consumption, the implications of grain storage management can affect the whole industry.
In response to the increase in on-farm storage following the deregulation of grain marketing, the GRDC invests in research to equip growers with practical information to maintain grain quality and market access.
- Understanding resistance: Travelling insects help resistance spread
- Grain Pest Management: Long distance insects raise the hygiene bar
- Tools for growers: GRDC national grain storage extension project
To read this supplement, choose from the following options:
- Read it as an online magazine
- Use the links below to read individual articles.