Leasing and share farming land fact sheet
Published: 10 Feb 2014
Share farming and leasing additional land can reduce cost of production
A proven strategy to decrease the cost of production is to farm more land. Leasing and share farming additional land offer alternatives to buying land.
- Leasing and/or share farming land provide great opportunities for business expansion.
- Good budgeting is critical to successful lease and share farm negotiation.
- Economies of scale achieved via additional leasing and share farming land can reduce the cost of production.
- Always seek legal advice when preparing a lease or share farming agreement.
- ‘The faintest ink is better than the fondest memory’: Always document share farming and leasing agreements.
Want to link to this publication?
Use www.grdc.com.au/FBM-LeasingShareFarmingLand to ensure your link remains current and up-to-date!
GRDC Project Code AES00006
Region National, North, South, West
Region: National; North; South; West
GRDC Project Code: AES00006
Was this page helpful?