RD&E capacity and ability
We invest in grains research, development and extension (RD&E) capacity and ability (C&A) activities to ensure we have continued access to the people, infrastructure and pathways that enable us to deliver on our purpose.
Our contribution to building and maintaining the necessary C&A for world class grains RD&E is a combination of targeted activities and indirect investment.
Our current activities
A selection of our current activities include:
Attract and foster the talent required to conduct and drive world-class grains RD&E. This includes the:
- Research Scholarships
- Seed of Gold award
- Horizon Scholarships
- Primary Industries Education Foundation of Australia.
Support thought leadership and pathways to innovate, translate and adopt. This includes the:
- Nuffield Farming Scholarships
- Australian Rural Leadership Program
- Diversity in Agriculture Leadership Program
- Growers as Innovators
- Conference support
- Sponsorship - Grower and advisor study tours.
Facilitate access to critical infrastructure and technologies required to deliver grains R&D. This includes the:
- ARC Research Hub for Legumes for Sustainable Agriculture
- Australian Grains Gene Banks (AGG) Capacity and Capability Enhancement.
Was this page helpful?