GRDC National Grower Network
GRDC’s National Grower Network (NGN) is the community of growers and grains industry stakeholders across Australia’s growing regions who GRDC directly engages with to assist in developing locally relevant research development and extension (RD&E) investments.
The NGN was established to:
- support meaningful engagement with grain growers
- improve understanding of local issues
- assist in the development of investments that are locally relevant and have on-farm impact.
The NGN helps to capture ideas, issues, constraints and opportunities for RD&E to enhance grower profitability. To achieve this, we will engage with stakeholders through forums that are open to all growers, advisers, researchers and industry parties.
NGN engagement opportunities can be categorised into two distinct formats:
- GRDC National Grower Network Forums: These forums are approximately 3-4 hours and include discussion of grower issues (facilitated by GRDC’s Grower Relations Managers) and presentations addressing local issues or delivering regionally relevant research. NGN Forums may also be combined with other events, such as GRDC Grains Research Updates and field days.
- Industry Forums: We recognises the value of growers’ and grains industry stakeholders’ time and where possible, we will partner with industry stakeholders to leverage existing engagement opportunities.
If you are interested in finding out more about our National Grower Network Forums or would like to be involved in an existing industry event, contact our Grower Relations Managers:
Graeme Sandral, Grower Relations Manager – North, 0409 226 235, [email protected]
Vicki Green, Grower Relations Manager – North, 0429 046 007, [email protected]
Bec Raymond, Grower Relations Manager – North, [email protected]
Bob Ford, Grower Relations Manager - North, 0428 950 015, [email protected]
Courtney Ramsey, Grower Relations Manager – South, 0428 274 018, [email protected]
Rebekah Starick, Grower Relations Manager – South, 0458 441 278, [email protected]
Tim Bateman, Grower Relations Manager – South, 0447 526 191, [email protected]
Jo Wheeler, Grower Relations Manager – West, 0438 292 167, [email protected]
Berin Gibbons, Grower Relations Manager – West, 0407 249 821, [email protected]
Luke Dawson, Grower Relations Manager – West, 0492 124 645, [email protected]
NGN Opportunities and Constraints (OC) Register
The National Opportunities and Constraints (OC) Register captures all issues and constraints raised by attendees at NGN forums nationally.
The register provides a repository for priority issues raised in each subregion including background to provide context. This information is utilised to inform GRDCs investment portfolio. The register also provides a feedback summary of GRDC investments and resources related to each of the issues.
View RD&E investments that have been developed in direct response to short-term opportunities identified at NGN forums. View the investment listing page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Was this page helpful?