GRDC National Grower Network
GRDC’s National Grower Network (NGN) refers to the community of growers and grains industry stakeholders across Australia’s growing regions whom GRDC engages directly to assist in developing locally relevant research development and extension (RD&E) investments.
The NGN was established to:
- support meaningful engagement with grain growers
- improve understanding of local issues
- assist in the development of investments that are locally relevant and have on-farm impact.
The NGN helps to capture ideas, issues, constraints and opportunities for RD&E to enhance grower profitability. To achieve this, GRDC will engage with stakeholders through forums that are open to all growers, advisers, researchers and industry parties.
NGN engagement opportunities can be categorised into two distinct formats:
- GRDC Grower Forums: These forums are approximately 3-4 hours and include discussion of grower issues (facilitated by GRDC’s Grower Relations Managers) and presentations addressing local issues or delivering regionally relevant research. NGN Forums may also be combined with other events, such as GRDC Grains Research Updates and field days.
- Industry Forums: We recognises the value of growers’ and grains industry stakeholders’ time and where possible will partner with industry stakeholders to leverage existing engagement opportunities.
If you are interested in finding out more about our Grower Forums or would like to be involved in an existing industry event, contact our Grower Relations Managers:
Graeme Sandral, Grower Relations Manager – North, 0409 226 235, firstname.lastname@example.org
Courtney Ramsey, Grower Relations Manager – South, 0428 274 018, email@example.com
Randall Wilksch, Grower Relations Manager – South, 0437 769 098, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Blake, Grower Relations Manager – South, 0418 893 186, email@example.com
Jo Wheeler, Grower Relations Manager – West, 0438 292 167, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lizzie von Perger, Grower Relations Manager – West, 0436 665 362, email@example.com
Rachel Asquith, Grower Relations Manager – West, 0436 665 361, firstname.lastname@example.org
NGN Opportunities and Constraints (OC) Register
The National Opportunities and Constraints (OC) Register captures all issues and constraints raised by attendees at NGN forums nationally.
The register provides a repository for priority issues raised in each subregion including background to provide context. This information is utilised to inform GRDCs investment portfolio. The register also provides a feedback summary of GRDC investment related to each of the issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Was this page helpful?