Slug control fact sheet
Published: 28 Jul 2022
Successful crop protection from slugs
Slugs are an increasing problem in the high-rainfall zones, especially where conservation agriculture is practised. No single control method will provide complete protection against pests slugs: an integrated approach is best.
- Understand the context in which slug controls are being applied
- Moisture availability is a key regulator of slug populations
- Wet winters and cool springs provide ideal conditions for numbers to build up
- The grey field slug and the black keeled slug are the main pest species, but brown field slugs can also pose a threat
- No single control method will be completely effective; for successful crop protection, an integrated approach is needed
GRDC Project Code: MAN2204-001SAX,
Was this page helpful?