New Group E Rhizobia Inoculant for Field Pea, Lentil and Vetch
Published: 14 Jul 2023
Acid tolerant rhizobia improve nodulation of pea, lentil and vetch
- Inoculation of agricultural legumes is strongly recommended, particularly where legumes are sown into paddocks with acidic soils or where the legume in the same inoculation group has not been sown for a number of years.
- A new high-performing rhizobia strain for Group E (field pea, lentil and vetch inoculant) with improved nitrogen fixation and acid soil tolerance will be available for the 2024 season.
- The new strain (WSM-4643) will replace existing strains (WSM-1455/SU-303).
- Lentil has moved from Group F to Group E.
- Strain WSM-4643 will provide optimal crop nodulation down to soil pHCa 5.0 and improved nodulation down to pHCa 4.6.
Was this page helpful?
To protect your privacy, please do not include contact information in your feedback. If you would like a response, please contact us.