GRDC Grains Research Update, online - Changing nutrition strategies for profit in CQ
GRDC Grains Research Updates for Central Queensland are coming to you live and online this November as we continue to deliver the latest research to you despite the continuing social distancing restrictions due to COVID-19.
Log in for a selection of the latest farm-ready research and regionally relevant topics and speakers selected by the local Update planning committee.
Webinars start at 9am (Qld time) and are free of charge.
- Strategies to improve efficiency from applied N, P and K in CQ farming systems. Mike Bell (UQ)
- The latest local nutrition data. Doug Sands & Darren Aisthorpe (DAF Qld)
- Fine tuning deep P and K. The economics and timing of re-application.
- N implications for P & K response
- N learnings from farming systems - nitrogen nutrition implications of chickpeas, cropping rotation and fertiliser applications
- Agronomist experience with changing nutritional strategy. Anthony Lee (Nutrien Ag Solutions) and Stuart Olsson (AGnVET Rural)
- Panel discussion - Evolving nutrition strategies for CQ. Mike Bell (UQ), Darren Aisthorpe (DAF Qld), Doug Sands (DAF Qld), Anthony Lee (Nutrien Ag Solutions), Stuart Olsson (AGnVET Rural)
- N stratification – are we feeding a crop or the system?
- N application with chickpeas in CQ - Agronomy taboo or good forward planning?
- Legume impacts on N, P & K
- Risk and rewards of different nitrogen strategies - especially in relation to pulse crops in the system
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?