Ripping Technology: National
Published: 11 Aug 2022
Technology considerations for cost-effective subsoil loosening
- Deep ripping tyne technologies vary in their ability to loosen, mix, delve and rearrange clods within the profile
- Key strategies to minimise costs include:
- rip no deeper than necessary;
- optimise timing (soil moisture);
- operate above the tyne critical depth;
- add wings to tynes when operating deep.
- Opportunities exist for optimising multi-depth tyne layouts and spacings for maximum loosening efficiency and reduction of total draught
Was this page helpful?
To protect your privacy, please do not include contact information in your feedback. If you would like a response, please contact us.