GRDC Grains Research Update Narrabri 2016
Friday 22nd July 2016
Click on the title to read the relevant Update Paper.
- Crown-rot resistance breeding. Phil Davies (University of Sydney) & Meiqin Lu (AGT)
- Chickpea and faba bean disease update. Kevin Moore (NSW DPI)
- A new strain of wheat leaf rust. Potential impacts, which varieties and what to look for. Adult plant resistance - its role and use in rust management. Robert Park (University of Sydney PBI, Cobbitty)
- Killing storage pests without mercy – fumigation strategies that work and Super cool results - achieving great results with silo aeration. Pat Collins & Philip Burrill (DAF Qld)
- Russian Wheat Aphid – identification, detection, management and implications. Melina Miles (DAF Qld)
- Managing patches of glyphosate resistant weeds – what have we learnt from grower experience? Costs, advantages and practicalities of key IWM tactics. Tony Cook (NSW DPI)
- Tillage impacts of weed seed burial and subsequent management. Michael Widderick (DAF Qld)
- Harvest weed seed capture systems in the northern region. Experience with the Harrington Seed Destructor and the Chaff Deck system for weed tramlining. Michael Walsh (University of Sydney)
- Stopping spray drift - volatility, droplet drift, inversions and management. Field and wind tunnel studies, comparing spray deposition and drift potential of a range of nozzles and droplet size spectra all tied together with automated weather updates by a new App. Chris O'Donnell (University of Queensland)
Was this page helpful?
To protect your privacy, please do not include contact information in your feedback. If you would like a response, please contact us.