GRDC Grains Research Update (Gunnedah)
Keep updated on the latest developments in grains research at the Gunnedah GRDC Grains Research Update. Leading-edge research that’s farm ready for the Liverpool Plains.
- Bridging the yield gap - how much yield do better growers on the Liverpool Plains leave behind and why? Identifying areas to capture lost yield and profit. Zvi Hochman, CSIRO
- Farming systems research – new data from trials at Narrabri & Spring Ridge: Gross margins and $ return/mm water from different systems. Also; issues for sequencing cotton in dryland production systems. Andrew Verrell & Jon Baird, NSW DPI
- Impact of different summer crops on soil water extraction and subsequent fallow efficiency. Lindsay Bell, CSIRO
- Soil water - methods to predict plant available water capacity (PAWC) using soil-landscape associations. Kirsten Verburg, CSIRO
- Reserve P and K mobility and testing strategies – flood impacts on the release of P and K; what happens to fertilizer reaction products; and the effect of rhizosphere acidification on P&K mobility. Chris Guppy, UNE
- Irrigation water quality – Soil impacts over time? What constitutes poor quality? What can be managed? When is it better to not irrigate at all? Chris Guppy, UNE
- Sequencing cotton in dryland farming systems – insights into getting into and out of dryland cotton. Jon Baird, NSW DPI
- The Helicoverpa resistance management strategy – why; what in it; how it will work? Efficacy data of alternate products and their use at times where Altacor is not available. Repeated low-rates of NPV to suppress Helicoverpa populations. Melina Miles, DAF Qld
- New sorghum agronomy - Pushing cold soil temperature at sowing. Seed size and sowing depth impacts on emergence. Loretta Serafin, NSW DPI
- Robots with lasers! - What are researchers looking at for future weed control? Lasers, robotics, microwaves, precision tillage and more. Mike Walsh, University of Sydney
Registration: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 3:05pm. Cost: $30 pp. and $20 for second person per farm (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
To RSVP / register, or for further information or agenda, please contact John Cameron or Erica McKay on 02 9482 4930 or e-mail email@example.com
(Agenda subject to change)
Cost (in AUD$):
$30 per person and $20 for additional attendees
Was this page helpful?