International conference canola field day
International conference canola field day: a showcase of canola innovations and research in Wagga Wagga
Canola trials, disease management tactics, farming systems insights and key data from the Grains Research and Development’s (GRDC) National Variety Trials will be on offer to growers and agronomists as part of canola focused field day in Wagga Wagga in September.
NSW DPI Wagga Wagga Agricultural Institute director, Deb Slinger said canola was one of New South Wales’ most important crops and favourable seasonal conditions in southern regions of the state had bolstered production this year.
“Hosting a field day with GRDC as part of the IRC-2023 is a valuable way to showcase current and past canola research that has helped position the Australian industry where it is today and continues to drive improvements for our sector.” said Ms Slinger.
The field day is being held in conjunction with the International Rapeseed Congress 2023 (IRC-2023) and is expected to attract more than 120 international and Australian canola researchers and industry experts, alongside local growers.
Field day highlights:
- Exclusive demonstration variety trials from nine leading canola companies.
- Insight into the GRDC Canola National Variety Trial.
- A deep dive into the NSW DPI Research Experiments focusing on Canola, Pathology, and Farming Systems.
- Official launch of the "Canola in Australia: 21st Century Progress Book". All attendees will receive a complimentary copy.
- BBQ and Coffee Carts available throughout the day for attendees.
- Comprehensive amenities on site for convenience.
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?