Legal Compliance: Employer responsibilities and Buying, selling or leasing personal property
Published: 1 Jul 2019
Knowing how the law applies to all aspects of a farm business and complying with legislation is one way to significantly reduce risk. This fact sheet explores two priority business areas where proactive legal compliance can result in significant risk reduction for farm business operators. The two areas explored here are:
- employer responsibilities; and
- buying, selling or leasing personal property.
- Know the rules: identify relevant legislation
- Adopt best practice: plan to get it right the first time
- Get some perspective: seek expert and independent advice
- Be open and resourceful: there is plenty of expert help available
- Fair Work Ombudsman: Contact to find the right award, calculate entitlements, and seek information on record-keeping and advice on employment issues.
www.fairwork.gov.au or phone 13 13 94
- Award pay rates can be checked at:
- National Employment Standards:
- Fair Work Commission: www.fwc.gov.au
- Pastoral Award – Commonwealth:
- GRDC booklet – A Guide to Farm Labour: https://grdc.com.au/resources-and-publications/all-publications/publications/2015/12/aguidetofarmlabour
GRDC FACT SHEETS
- Filling the farm labour gap: www.grdc.com.au/GRDC-FS-FarmLabourGap
- Are you a good labour manager?
- Recruiting and inducting new employees:
- Improving time management and labour management:
- Managing people in the farm business – being an effective leader:
Link to this publication
Use https://grdc.com.au/legal-compliance-employer-responsibilities-and-buying,-selling-or-leasing-personal-property to ensure your link remains current and up-to-date!
GRDC Project Code: ORM00017
Was this page helpful?