2018 Barley Variety Sowing guide for Western Australia
Published: 21 Nov 2017
This variety guide is designed as a reference to help determine which barley variety to grow in the western region. It provides market feedback, relative grain yield comparisons, disease ratings, agronomic information and herbicide tolerance ratings for all malt barley varieties segregated in Western Australia (WA) and selected feed varieties.
The decision whether to grow barley with a malt or feed classification depends on five main factors:
- Premium paid for different varieties when segregated.
- Relative grain yield of malt and feed grade barley varieties.
- Differences in input costs due to their agronomy and disease characteristics.
- Likelihood that grain of a malt variety will meet malt barley receival specifications.
- Location of receival segregations for malt barley varieties.
Link to this publication
Use https://grdc.com.au/BarleyVarietySowingGuideWA to ensure your link remains current and up-to-date!
Was this page helpful?