GRDC Grains Research Update Mullaley 2016
Thursday 21st July 2016
Click on the title to read the relevant Update Paper.
- Practical applications for UAV's and digital imaging. Ben Boughton (Nuffield Scholar & CEO Satamap)
- Russian wheat aphid - identification, detection, management and implications. Melina Miles (DAF Qld)
- Managing patches of glyphosate resistant weeds – what have we learnt from grower experience? Costs, advantages and practicalities of key IWM tactics. Tony Cook (NSW DPI)
- Harvest weed seed capture systems in the northern region. Experience with the Harrington Seed Destructor and the Chaff Deck system for weed tramlining. Michael Walsh (University of Sydney)
- Yield drivers and agronomy for high yielding sorghum - closing the yield gap! Guy McMullen (NSW DPI)
- Minimising nitrogen losses to improve use efficiency in cropping systems. Graeme Schwenke (NSW DPI)
- Nematodes: Summer cropping options and soil health solutions to manage root-lesion nematodes. Kirsty Owen (USQ) & Nikki Seymour (DAF Qld)
- Summer cropping options to manage root-lesion nematodes. Kirsty Owen (USQ)
- Biological suppression of root-lesion nematodes in northern grain-growing soils. Nikki Seymour (DAF Qld)
- Sorghum after canola on the Liverpool Plains - is there an issue with mycorrhizae? Richard Daniel (NGA)
- Managing the major mungbean diseases; halo blight, fusarium wilt, tan spot and powdery mildew. Lisa Kelly (DAF Qld) & Sue Thompson (USQ)
- Management of the major mungbean diseases in Australia. Lisa Kelly (DAF Qld)
- Fungicide management of mungbean powdery mildew. Sue Thompson (USQ)
- A new strain of wheat leaf rust. Potential impacts, which varieties and what to look for. Adult plant resistance - its role and use in rust management. Robert Park (University of Sydney PBI, Cobbitty)
Was this page helpful?
Sorry about that
How can we improve it?